PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 19:16
eireatco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read the aertel piece on the proceedings today... We have truely lost the media battle. WHAT THE HELL ARE OUR UNION DOING ABOUT THIS ???

Sorry guys and gals, but I think the war is over. We are willing but our union are not able for this level of coverage in the media. I must stress I am not directing my frustration and anger at our local teams... but completely at the higher ranks within IMPACT !

Ye have let us down from the start. If you expect members to stand with you, then protect them when the **** starts to fly. Ye have remained silent, and when ye did speak, it was over the heads of the average joe public who really believes this is about money... and were never really convinced otherwise.

I would be totally in favour now of just returning to work, before we as a group of unique professionals are slandered any more.

I have a lot of pride in my job, and especially with those i work with, and to hear whats being said and written about us is WRONG.

Maybe when the dust settles, a new union should be formed amongst pilots and ATC members, by pilots and ATC members... I can't imagine for one minute these people staying quiet as those they work with are getting torn apart in the media.

I must reiterate, our local branch did what they could with what they had to work with... but my friends, ye were fighting a battle without a proper leading command, and for that reason I honestly think we walk away now, until someone upon high grows some balls, defends us, and makes us proud to be controllers once more.