PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 16:29
G-BPED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Serguei
Strikes are not fare. Majority of people have jobs where they cannot hold people as hostages. This gives those who are in such position and unfair advantages over everybody else as they can negotiate with the employer pay and conditions above what the market would give them.

Next time a pilot goes on strike why not go and look into the eyes of the families (many with children) at check-in who just realised that their only holidays are cancelled?

Would the striking pilots dare to explain to the children whose holidays they destroyed that this year they don't have the holiday they were looking forward for several month? Somehow I supposed they would prefer to leave these to check-in staff...
Serguei,

I did try to explain to you in my last post that the pilots are NOT asking for increased pay and conditions. they want to keep what they already have and not have things taken away from them.

Maybe you should read through this thread

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=309570

Which explains the reasons for the strike ballott.

As for pilots looking into the eyes of children at the check-in desk. I think that is rather melodramatic. If there is a strike then Check-in will be closed as there will be no flights operating.

I would say that I appreciate the position you and your family MAY find yourselves in but, as I pointed out in my last post all the pilots want is their current conditions to be maintained and I would support anyone who wants that for themselves and their families.

Regards,

G-BPED