PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 11:34
thorisgod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The much vaunted progress of debate.

Thanks again DFC,
but for me this is not about money, however it's the only language the IAA understand.

I don't think I'm normally a reasonable person, LOL. OK I am.

The reason I can post at 2am and post again at 9am is because my sleep patterns are screwed up by working days and nights in the same week, every week. But I can accept that. After all I am payed shift allowance for it. Also, I am a very moderate drinker.

99% is as close as you can get and I would never for one second intimidate or bully any person who didn't vote for the majority or failed to show solidarity in the event of a walkout.

The IAA can spout all they like saying we signed up for a level of VOLUNTARY overtime in previous negotiations. It is still Voluntary. Besides they agreed, in previous negotiations to recompense us commensurately for massive operational changes. The changes have happened, the recompensing hasn't.

Some people are being allowed to work an un-safe level of overtime. This needs to be addressed. What do you want me to do, free overtime. If the answer to that is yes, apply now for a management role in the IAA. You have all the requirements.

Bertie can bring a no-strike clause for all I care, he still can't stop us from doing a work to rule by not working overtime. As has been stated many times and in many ways on this thread; as has been demonstrated over the previous few days; the system can't even stand up to winter traffic levels without Overtime. What will the summer hold. That's what we may find out if this thing isn't sorted. I for one don't want to be out there on Thursday. I don't want to inconvenience so many businesses and travellers. How "inconvenienced" will they be if the unspeakable happens and an over-tired controller makes a mistake?

We are understaffed. I know the IAA say we are not. They say they have adequate numbers of staff to operate the roster. They only do if you discount the need to cover illness, maternity leave, parental leave, planned leave, loss of ratings due to ilness or competency or incident/accident, etc., the list goes on.....

Need to go take some Rennie, I'm giving myself an ulcer.

P.S.
Your comments are more than welcome on this thread by me.

Thorisgod