PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 10:08
norby

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Support

First of all, Best of Luck to the lads in the Labour court today.

I overheard this while I was waiting to meet someone in a Dublin Pub last night.
"If there's one bunch of f*****s out there that are entitled to every penny they earn its air traffic controllers", there was no argument.

I know public support is really immaterial in deciding the out come but it's gratifying to think that we do have some and that the negative press isn't having much of an impact.

Ibec,rIAAnair and the press didn't gang up on the Nurses, teachers, Hosp. Consultants or the Gardai when they went on strike. Those other strikes didn't prompt cross party support in the Dail for anti strike legislation.
Why?
Because they're afraid of us! We can close this country down and they're terrified.
They can whinge and lie as much as they want and get all their mates to do the same but as I said before we know what real pressure is and we can take anything they throw at us.
Thats the power we have and we had better take it back.
If it comes to it, on Thursday I'll be proud to stand on the Picket Line, public support or no because we are right and the truth will out