PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 10:00
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thorisgod,

Based on the time of your post, I will put it down to simply being fissed as a part.

The only other way to explain it would be to throw it in with simple pure intimidation of the kind melted out to the poor ATCO who has the cheek to say that actually they did not mind doing the overtime and would not like it to be stopped or the attacks on the ATCO who facilitated the late Aer Lingus flight some days ago........not because they permitted a public transport flight ot land at a closed airport but because they broke ranks from the close the gates gang.

The vote for strike was not supported by 100% of the ATCOs in the IAA. The pressure on those that have the cheek to put forward an alternative view or to even consider such a position is unbelieveable. Phone calls, etc etc.

The only reason why I say what I do in my opening sentence is that I have spoken to you "thorisgod" and you are normally a reasonable person.

To drag a piece from the Sunday Indo-

What do we want: people who hide away their true personal convictions behind toughy-feely platitudes, or ones who state their opinions openly?

Debate? Argument? difference?

Glad to see that peoploe are finally waking up to the idea of keeping money out of the issue. Far too late unfortunately. The damage has been done.

have served better than any kick in the arse to unite everyone else in this thread in common purpose.

Not just to try and get you banned!

But in copper-fastening our resolve by generating debate to bring peoples real issues to the fore
So I have done two things;

I have aroused those who can't stand an alternative view to their own and who will go to any length to quash any person who does not share their view.

and

I have copper-fastened your resolve by generating debate.

Obvously the debate you did not want ot have.

Don't let anyone or anything stand between you and your money is how it looks.

After I made a comment regarding staffing elsewhere Macker rushed off to ask for figures. I don't think he got what he expected. Why did he not simply use the telephone rahther than showing the public that while Shannon Required Air and Ground H24 with more staff for "contingency and breaks", Manchester can sope with less staff while handling far more flights.

Not only should you be broadcasting the message that you do not require more money but that you will not stand in the way of a scheme for better use (more productivity) of available staff.

----------

PPRuNe Radar,

Thanks for confirming the staffing numbers.

Clear that it is not what is said but who says it when it comes to keeping people happy.

Regards,

DFC