PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 25th Feb 2008, 09:37
irishatco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thor, while i agree with a lot of the sentiment, i think that the iaa will need to get themselves out of this.

i dont do call-ins, as i appreciate my time off, the notion of giving up my precious time to them for nothing, just isnt palatable.

one solution can be to introduce flow control at all centres when there is a shortfall in the numbers - if you are to believe the iaa, then that will only be til June 09 when 36 new recruits will be fully operational.

IMHO - the call-in ban should continue until they produce actual controllers in the centres.

295 Controllers - so they are counting everyone that has or had a validation as a controller within the iaa - herself included!
what a joke.

I'll support my union, and stand on the picket when it happens. but we cant expect those muppets to do anything to resolve this " non-problem"

the overtime ban should suffice for the next while. a work to rule will also push the iaa to act.
airline summer timetables are coming at the end of march. the rosters require more staff, where will they come from?

not holding my breath