PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2008, 00:04
Nuthinondaclock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Something witty about balls

Freddy K is spot on. As he says, WHY are they offering this deal and wanting to push it through so quickly?

I too distinctly remember Joyce saying he was happy to get 5 years out of a pilot. (Thought it was in an interview in ‘The Australian’ when Jet* first got the big nod and announced the A320s, sorry I can’t be more specific, Condition Lever) One of the big improvements needed to prevent the above, from what I’ve seen, is making your conditions sustainable for a long term career. (Particularly for the Jet*I pilots). Mates of mine in there seem to forever be arriving home off a trip and departing again the next day, often to repeat the process on the next return home. With the 3 day a week frequency to many of the current, or future developing, leisure ports it's impossible to achieve the high density of hours that can be achieved in short haul ops. The same holds true in QF. Having Minimum Base Turnaround entitlements is certainly one of the things I greatly appreciate under the L/H award having spent some years operating without this.

CC,

My response to your last posting is on the previous page due to the delaying process of moderator approval.

From the AIPA President (on an open section of Qrewroom so I hope it’s not breaching any protocols to post here?)

“IMHO, should EBA 8 (QF L/H-my note) not also guarantee job security and career progress for Qantas Group pilots, AIPA members will be left with no alternative other than to follow the path already trod by Iberian pilots and soon to be trodden by our BA colleagues?”
Only words at this stage I know, but I think now that Qantas managements plans' have been unveiled a willingness to ‘up the ante’ has been expressed.

“I certainly don’t wish to be remembered as the AIPA President that led the only Qantas strike since 1966.”
I don’t think anyone wants the angst of a strike but I believe there is the resolve to take protected industrial action if required. I guess the point I'm trying to make is I don't think Qantas Mainline pilots are sitting back wanting Jet* pilots to fight their battle for them. You're certainly not being asked to take industrial action by anyone, just to take some time to consider the long term implications of accepting this deal. Please have a look at what AIPA has on offer for you. Get to a roadshow or give them a call then make your own decision.

Nuf.