PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 24th Feb 2008, 22:25
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear God the arrogance is astounding.

IAA CALLS ON IMPACT TO SETTLE DISPUTE FOR NO MONEY
I for one will quite happily settle this for no money as long as you stump up the staff. You cant have it both ways.

If you dont pay me for overtime then i wont EVER do any. And neither will any other ATCO-so yeah count me in. Give us the staff-you keep the money and the overtime.

I won't even dignify the money question with a full answer just that suffice to say that you want me to work on my days off for diddly. Go take a run and jump. The only one fogging the issue here is you -the IAA.

There is no shortage of Air Traffic Controllers in the Irish Aviation Authority. Sufficient staff are available to match the level of traffic at any given time and are deployed in accordance with international safety standards. Staff plans are agreed on an annual basis. The Authority totally rejects IMPACT's assertion that it has accepted in talks at the LRC, that any shortage of controllers exist. This is NOT the case and never has been as the Authority has consistently pointed out in press releases.
The Irish Air Traffic Control System is not dependent on overtime
Where have you been for the last month? How can anyone say that we are not reliant on overtime when the staff decide not to work on their days off and you have to shut dublin,shannon and cork. "Sufficient staff are available ...and deployed in accordance with international safety standards"- pure lies. IAA please explain why staff had to fight for breaks after two hours+ of controllling?-its because you want us to work for 4 hours+-hows that for international safety standards? How come when staff do work longer than 2 hours without a break you wont accept an safty report or MOR?-Hows that for a safety standards? when staff are forced to work more traffic than agreed maximums where are your safety standards?

As part of its manpower planning to meet forecasted traffic demands and expectant retirements, and not in response to IMPACT allegations of staff shortages, 36 students will commence training with the IAA in 10 days time.
Looks like you dont even know your own staff demographics-all you have to do is look around any of the 3 centers and all you see is OAP's ( sorry lads!) who are due to go in under 5 years. In case you dont know there is a HUNDRED of 'em. And you think 36 will plug the gap-go back to school.

I take it so that you were LYING when you said that the early retirees willl be coming back to help out-so more OAP's doing this job. Come on-this is a direct challenge-which is it?

This is an entirely made up dispute in that no "staffing issues" arose in the busy Summer and Christmas periods when traffic was at its peak and also maximum staff were on leave. The current disruptive action is orchestrated to ensure that the IAA is short of staff at key periods and for safety reasons the IAA has had to restrict traffic, reduce services or close airports.
The ONLY reason there was no delays last summer and christmas was WE did bags of overtime. I am guilty of working 2 extra shifts in one twist - just so you know that 7 days on and 1 day off all to keep the company smelling like roses while we deal with the sht that you have created.

This is a regular occurence so i do not believe single word you have said as i have personal experience to the contrary.

As for "orchestrating " this dispute-go on keep digging. So we are defrauding the company are we? Inform the medical council that a huge number of their doctors are engaged in fradulent activities by certifing controllers as not fit when in fact they are. Go on - lets see you do that.????

10% paid under Towards 2016
Just so you know EVERYONE IN THE COUNTRY GETS THAT- including you , the postman,the secretary, the binman etc - so what has that got to do with this?

Controllers were awarded an additional 5% pay increase in December 200
Really didnt know that but thanks anyway-so can you explain why it isn't in my pay check?

The IAA calls on IMPACT to settle this dispute for no additional payments and inform the public
Whatver about Impact i will quite happily settle this for NO MONEY as long as you GIVE US THE STAFF. ME never doing overtime again will be great.

If the IAA think that childish drivel and insults will make us call off thursday and do all the mandatory overtime in the world then this is really a great way to do it.
I really do wonder about their intelligence,managerial skills, people skills, planning skills, organisational skills, Hr skills and for the first time i have serious concerns for the future of this company.

GOD help us

Last edited by ock1f; 24th Feb 2008 at 23:11.