PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe and Atlantic Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 17:12
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No experience of AFT but if it's the same agreement with the scheme that my ex flying school has with them then it goes like this.

Requirements? you must have done all your training there, PPL through to IR, groundschool optional. Then you must have done well on all the courses, this would be at the discretion of the CFI I guess.
The scheme does not guarantee you a job, all it does is by-pass the application process putting you near the top of their HUGE pile. It's up to YOU to get the job once you get the interview.

My school are only allowed to recommend 5 per year, 5 per year are not going through.

What do they look for? a bit of generalization here but they must get the feeling they can sit next to you for 8hrs a day, so if you come across as arrogant, a know-all, a big head etc etc you won't get the job.

Terms & conditions working for flybe as a cadet are the same for every f/o there, if you're on the line you're on the line.
Bonds, flybe pay the bond, £13,000, this is a reducing bond over 3 years, you do the maths.
Salary for low houred pilot the same as any f/o joining, year 1 it is about £24,000.

Hope this helps