PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CX 777 Flyby CP sacked
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 10:37
volarecantare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D69, your suspicion radar is rather faulty, simple answer is that I have only recently become interested or familiar with the whole internet world due to pressure from my far away located daughter, the birth of my grandson and the magic of skype....OK?

PPRUNE I have heard of for many years and decided to check it out when I heard about the recent event! Why maybe Ive been fantasizing about a spot of low flying myself lately and identified.. I don't know.... ask your Doctor Phil?I don't know your who he is but , but considering your obvious anger issues maybe you should ask for your money back and consider changing to another??
"Lovey Dovey" well I'm flattered its been a while....... but since when did a bit of love hurt anyone??

Bloggs, never once have I tried to defend or justify any of the history you cite. I have been appalled and gutted many times at some of the things I have seen. I was there for all of the above and more and have not got a short memory.

However you conveniently miss the whole point of my post. I am talking about the issues among the pilot body itself. How the very behavior we claim to abhor in our managers we feel we can level at our colleagues as it suits.

Please re read it and then get back to me if you wish!

Bloggs, how did you do that quote thing inserting my text?

You said ...Volarecantare, I seem to disagree on some of your statements.

Does this mean there is some of what I said that you do agree with then?

Ive no intentions is setting up another Union, however I would like to look at someone setting up some kind of a support group for pilots who can come for support without the risk of being threatened or laughed at by their own colleagues.

As regards the "evil" management point, actually what I'm saying is the very behavior you seem to hate in management I see leveled within the pilots body many many times. I have seen many a pilot have a knife stuck in his back should he not know the steps to march with the militia. Ive seen guys bullied on line and in the sim, in C+T in wanchai and in the union. Ive seen people loose their marriages and kids and sometimes their health because they could not cope with the pressures of command courses. Any form of weakness or vulnerability shown and they are scoffed at. I've seen people alienated blacklisted and abused for making decisions which were best for them families and their health....

Difficult to demand respect from Management when we show little respect for each other.

Last edited by volarecantare; 24th Feb 2008 at 11:54.