PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jersey-2
Thread: Jersey-2
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2008, 01:41
jerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ba Jer-lcy

JER-LGW is a 6 (soon to be 5) daily route. It's well known that JER-LGW is one of the most profitable shorthaul routes BA has (25 in C on a 735 is not uncommon). Plus many many Gold card holders, and a few Premiums fly ex-JER often.

Its worth remembering that the VG 3xdaily JER-LCY service failed and is now operating just once daily (I would think even this is in doubt with the acquisition by AF-KL)

Whilst I'm fairly sure an LCY route would prove fairly popular (with BA, unlike VG)... would there be sufficient slots at LCY to give a similar sort of service? I doubt it, especially during the early morning and evening time periods. I for one think that many passengers would be driven to the BE (E195) services or the BD LHR services (not necessaraly a bad thing as I'm a big supporter of BD).

If a BA JER-LCY service does commence, I would think that they would be in compliment with the LGW flights; if anything it would be to test the water.

I stand to be corrected with the slot issues at LCY, but the LGW figures are still doing extremely well against the new 6xdaily BE services, and I'm pretty sure that JER-LGW is still a good money spinner for BA.

It depends on who you believe but there are many rumours of expansion or reduction of BA services from LGW. But BA are still keen to serve JER... trust me.