PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 15:01
two green one prayer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid that Cockney Steve's suggestion that BA pilots should buy shares in the company is a bad idea unless each pilot only buys a few in order to make a fuss at the annual meeting. That could work. BA relies heavily on image and spends a lot maintaining it. The mere threat of a large group of pilots asking awkward questions at the annual meeting might make the directors think twice, especially if the press was tipped off in advance.
As a straightforward pension enhancing investment it would be a dead loss on any reasonable overview of the future world economy. It is also a very bad idea to invest in the business that pays your wages. If the business gets into difficulty your investment and your job disappear down the drain together.
This does not apply to the management's share options because these are usually sold at well below market price and the management either knows about, or hears gossip about coming trouble before anyone else.

THIS IS NOT INVESTMENT ADVICE. I AM NOT QUALIFIED TO GIVE INVESTMENT ADVICE.

If you lose money by not buying BA shares please do not drop blue ice on my house.