PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Family life in Dubai?
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 14:48
Guns-A-GoGo

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I hear much about FO's being tight with the money. I have to ask a few questions. It has been my experience that pilots live ABOVE their means. Boats, motorcycles, seadoos, and the what not. I am coming over with my wife, we have no debt, and a plan financially. We have nothing in the states to take care of. Is this the case for many of the pilots in Dubai? I am not refering to the families that have brought their children.

I understand also that new hires aren't covered by the heath system provided by the company. Does this last 6 months? Our plan is to Cobra our present plan for the 6 months. Any thoughts?

We have planned for the temp housing when I arrive. Getting the starter pack, buying a bed, till we are placed in permanent housing. Then having the unit head back to the states for the hot months. What is the size of the temp housing? Is there any fees for my wife to travel to the states after 2 months of employment?

One last question, what about suggested banks? I don't need to transfer money, just access it when I want. More specifically, a bank that will issue a debit card that can be used on overnights, and in the US.

Internationalpilot, no need to reply, I already know what you are going to say.

Thanks,

Guns