PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 14:27
transwede

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brussels

The early morning flight will definately not be operating, leaving the frequency at 1 per day in the evening. Back when Sabena used to operate 4 daily flights, the loads and yields were very good, with many pax transferring onto other SN hub flights out of BRU. Now that it Brussels Airlines, is their a hub for connections to be made? Regardless I think there is a market for 2 daily, am and pm services - times tailored to the business community. Maybe T3 or BE will think of this, who knows as BE's expansion plans are only gradually coming to light? BRU could be next? Wasn't the plan to have 4 based aircraft in NCL?!

T3 NQY

Todays flight is a one off charter!

Terminal

The often mention of rubbish along the fence is interesting, as the airport never seem to do anything about it? There is lots of it and I agree it makes a bad impression to passengers and customer (both current and future) airline customers.

The problems in the charter hall with constant failure of baggage belts in the summer months should hopefully be solved soon, as in the coming weeks the belts will be modified/replaced. Airlines have been informed that the majority of charters will use the old check in area during this short period (where in the crowded 'scheduled' side I don't know, considering most desks are in constant use already!). So fingers crossed, on a friday for example when there is a Monarch, 4 TOM, OHY and TCX aircraft checking in, all should run smoothly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the comments on connecting pax in STN and NYC, yes some pax do book separate flights, but rely on the NCL-XXX portion to run ontime. Should a carrier with no hub in NYC begin a service, I think the majority of pax would still travel via an existing hub of AMS, LHR etc to reach their point in the US. Don't forget that disocunt or freebies are often a part of the package for connecting flights (where the NCL-XXX sector is heavily discounted).