PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 11:51
baw676

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC why are you not giving out about Aerlingus's proposed strike action on monday. This surely is upsetting the public too. Surely you should offer up your comments to there Management as you seem to be highly experienced in IR troubleshooting.

I'm also adding you to my ignore list as your ill-informed posts don't actually add to the topic more incite other posters as has been seen in other topics you have commented on. Must be nice to be so well liked on these forums.

You ask questions you don't listen to the informed answer's you get.

You whine on about how you know this and that i for one think your GOD himself as you seem to know so much about everything either that or your my wife who also knows everything.

It could have been so different if you had actually taken the time to learn more about what has been going on rather than ranting on about what your opinion of what is going on. The two are so far apart its unreal.

How many staff will we gain in Dublin with the proposed change to single man sectors THE ANSWER IS NONE. As we haven't currently got the staff to open FIS or Holding as it is so the two that would be freed up will just move sideways to open these positions that at the moment with Dual man sectors are meant to be open. And don't say this will be a better use of manpower as management want to add in departure controllers and a two holding controllers so we still need two more staff per shift to cover that.

I for one am not looking forward to single man sectors as the number of times i have been saved by having the extra pair of eyes watching the sector is invaluable. The distraction of having all those phone calls on top of your current role will detract from the controllers concentration.