PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Experience commensurate with age.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 10:25
MaxAOB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pax on the run - don't worry about it - you will be fine. However euro read on!!
Am sad to say that if you are 44 and considering investing all the time, cash and personal sacrifice needed to get anywhere near your frozen ATPL you must be either rich, single without children (preferably both) or mad!

I know a guy of similar age, keen as mustard, who despite my advice (because its my dream!!) left a steady, final salary pension, every weekend off £47k a year job because it was his dream. He is now still unemployed after completing an integrated course a year ago, in the throws of a divorce and bankrupt! If you starting at 44 measure up the realities on the impact of your life and those of the industry these days - crap pay, crap T's and C's, crap lifestyle and that you will be competing against hundreds of twentysomethings. You should have had the gumption to pursue the 'dream' when you were young enough to live on the edge of the financial cliff.

That said i wish you all the best but really do look at the realities, airlines that will pay you a family wage do not hire 200 hour 46 year olds.

If you are rich can you lend me some cash please?

Last edited by MaxAOB; 23rd Feb 2008 at 16:58.