PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ABERDEEN
Thread: ABERDEEN
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2008, 07:30
Richard Taylor
Fit like min?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bmi Regional

1st weekend BA LHR has been around that time since at least 1983! God that dates me!!

I wonder what the future holds for bmi Reg out of ABZ. Last year they dropped 3 routes (AMS & the new BRU & KRS services) presumably all lack of demand...the latter 2 certainly were.

So are the Embraers only any good for MAN, NWI & the odd LHR? Are they perhaps the wrong type of a/c to make ABZ routes (which is, after all their base...for now) work? Are they continuing to look at developing their ABZ network domestically &/or internationally or are they discovering that, in fact there aren't that many routes out of ABZ that justify an Embraer? eg. I thought OSL might have been a possibility now City Star have left the scene, but they said they weren't interested in X9 routes.

There were rumours that they were looking at another a/c type, but appears nothing is coming of that, but they are possibly having difficulty in sourcing more suitable Embraers.

So what do people think the future of bmi Regional is at its home base?
------------------------------------------------------------------
BTW how did ABZ handle the recent Munich-related traffic? Did it all pass off smoothly or was it chaos?