PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATO Philippines vs ICAO or FAA
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 15:48
Filam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
excellent post for filam

eight ball, excellent post. i too was shocked with the standards of ATO. it is basically a cash cow for the corrupt examiners who basically traded high standards for "SOP" or in other words the almight peso "2,000 php" to be exact. i was told in the inside these examiners during jatico's reign were making as much as 400,000 php and up every month. i was even offered to work there by a congressman but, turned it down with disgust. it's a shame for our mother land.

sad to say, i've done some major ass kissing and the taste is bitter sweet. it's bitter because of all the politics of calling every examiner captain and trying to treat them like they are god and is sweet because i finally got my CPL and IR converted after a one year wait. Heck, I even placed a post on how to get hired in an airline here in the philippines and no one, i mean no even one pilot offered info. to help out. i thought the crab mentility applied to some but, sad to say it is factual.

i'm presently trying to land a job here. already submitted the resumes and i'm waiting for an answer. i do miss the states because i have jobs waiting there but, my family is living in the province and my wife prefers i be close by. i can 't blame them. when you get married, it's called compromise.

anyway fellow filam, i hope you can land a job here soon. just remember, when you reach captain, don't be like them. let's change the culture of the airlines here.

take it easy pal and God bless,

filam