PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Attn Cx And Ka Management
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 13:18
volarecantare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Liam G, Swine sorry typo do tend to do what's best of them, isn't that called business? Although one could argue that their short term brutish tactics of old have bitten them in the ass ever since.
So, in the the current environment of pilots becoming an endangered species what's best for them just may be to come up with some solutions which can retain pilots they may otherwise loose. This Man fr8 offer just may be an attempt to do that. What's in the way is seniority which in these times of pilot scarcity serves neither us nor the business.
Can anyone suggest a solution to integration which will keep all 3 parties (Mgmt, CX pilots and KA guys) completely happy?

BTW, I was not suggesting that Cathay Pilots are giving the KA pilots a hard time. However flick through a couple of posts here and you can get a bit of a flavor of the sentiments that are roused at even a suggestion of integration attempt which would leave CX pilots feeling disadvantaged.

The history of Unions and their directives at times like these are pretty infamous. I'm sure things would get interesting should a CX's needs result in offers that challenge the seniority, command time and base opportunities of our fellow comrades. I just hope we don't stoop to the levels we criticize the boys in the tower of when it comes to members making decisions that just might suit them and the company at the same time....while leaving others stuck in Kansas dreaming of what's over the rainbow.

Hidden agendas are often spoken about regarding CX but the great unspoken for all the guys and gals out there wondering what's coming next is that very often our own Unions are not spotless or on their own motivations and can make mistakes. Pack mentalities are best avoided.

I've rallied with the best of them in my time but maybe as I get older I begin to see things a bit clearer.