PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 12:53
Housewife-43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Collapso

The Housewife household is in more or less the same predicament as the Collapso household - we are due to fly out to Colorado a week Sunday. A few days ago I was wondering what on earth was going to happen? Were we going to get out there, would we be able to rearrange our holiday dates, accommodation booking, car booking etc. As things stand now I gather our outbound flight should be OK but what will happen on our return flight is anybody's business.

I realise you pilots are in a difficult position, I really do, and I sympathise wholeheartedly with you. I have worked for more than my share of clowns in my time. I also realise that we are complaining about a spoiled holiday while you are fighting for the rest of your careers.

BUT - these holidays are not just any old two weeks of the year for us. They are two weeks that we have long anticipated, worked hard for, planned for, and in many cases moved heaven and earth to organise. We face having everything thrown up in the air, and even being stranded overseas by your industrial action.

Be under no illusions here, passengers are tired of BA's incompetence. This latest farrago will be the last straw on the camel's back.

I now face travelling abroad not knowing how or when I will be returning. This will not happen to me again. I will never, ever, book a flight with BA again.

The routes are opening up this year and passengers will be able to chose an airline to fly with. Who on earth would chose to fly BA with its recent history of indistrial disputes?

You won't be worrying about terms and conditions for the rest of your career then, you'll be worrying about whether you will have a job in six or twelve months.

Both the union and the airline have to reach an agreement here, and very soon, if you are to have any hope of retaining your customers.