PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 22nd Feb 2008, 11:07
Irishguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have never worked a days Overtime in my ATC career and even if they do bring in a fancy new deal that will pay us more to guarantee them the staff to plug the gaps, i still wont be doing over time...

I value my time off and my sanity more then a few euros ever could compensate me for.

It's been 6 years now since the IAA last recruited a class of SCP's (student controllers), the last class SCP 6 got messed about by the IAA claiming that auld chestnut 9/11 as the reason and a huge down turn in the world markets...

What a load of rubbish, someone was watching their budget, thought it was slightly high for the year and decided to ruin 24 peoples lives for 15 months, originally the company wanted them gone for 3 years, but with usual IAA management tactics, start with a huge unreasonable demand and get it back down to what you really want...

They are taking on 36 student controllers, starting in the beginning of March... that's 12 more than any other class EVER. Too late by the IAA...
I dont think the Training School can even train them all at the one time. Unless the give each group of 12 staggered holidays and them make 1 group of 12 drive the Sims while 1 group is training on them.

They are looking for Direct Entry Controllers... Again too late by the IAA. They have been sitting on a pile of CV's like the Queen of Sheebah and when they finally need controllers to come in, there are very few candidates left as the IAA moved so slowly.

They have writen to Retired Controllers to come back and help the company out in their time of need and help train the new 36 controllers as to free up operational staff from the training school... Again to late by the IAA.

And still the IAA have the cheek the say that there is no staff shortage in ATC in Ireland. And then give M O'L a bit of paper with some crap figures on it and let him be their lackey and guard dog to spout rubbish in the National Media...

The IAA management need to cop on. But then again, they never had any cop on and maybe this is all part of Monsieur Brennans scheme to join us up with NATS after all and to have us all sent packing to Swanick / Prestwick.

"Sure if we join with NATS, we can give you the same conditions that they have over there across the water, wont that be grand for everyone? Oh by the way, pack your bags and get moving"