PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 21st Feb 2008, 23:51
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff made many safety reports going back to the start of last summer. Proir to that i dont think many atco were aware that such a thing as a safety report was available because we were never told about it. Hows that for a safety culture?

When said reports were made staff were initially hauled in front of midlde management for a bolo king. Hows that for a safety culture?. Remeber these safety reports were made in instances of staff working sectors for excessive periods of time and also for exceeding sector traffic levels.

In recent weeks staff have tried to submit MOR on these events and watch managers have refused to accept them, acting under orders from management , and send them off to the AAIU. Hows that for a safety culture.?

So you see that up to now we have been plugging the dam, and busting our balls to keep it going and at the same time flagging the growing problem to management. But we cannot continue-for all the reasons already listed.

If you had bothered to check it has all been said before on this very thread.

I hope your next post will be better informed and i sincerely mean that. You ARE behind the curve on this one and have been from the start. If you accept that and go back and READ and ABSORB the thread you might see the light!

Yours as ever
OCK1F