PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 22:14
M.Mouse

Controversial, moi?

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have kept out of this thread because I do not wish to get into a slanging match with those who are blinkered/envious/selfish or just plain unpleasant but Chris777 your post demands a reply.

I am not militant, I have just had enough of being screwed around by incompetent so-called managers who see no further than their riding off into the sunset with pockets stuffed with money despite decimating the operation during their tenure.

I do not complain about my 'professional status' whatever that is.

Last strike by BA pilots was in 1980. Striking is not the weapon of first resort it is truly the last.

My understanding of the GPs last deal would indicate that striking was a little pointless given the extra money that seems to have landed in their laps (and good for them too, I hope the nurses get a look in next). BA management is not unlike this present greedy, self-centred bunch of shysters in government. Remind me again who stuffed the pensions industry, except their own of course?

Senior management aka Willie Walsh actually does know how to fly a plane because that is what he trained and employed to do by Aer Lingus. He was also a union leader in Aer Lingus and was instrumental in leading the 1986 Aer Lingus pilot's strike.

I am not complaining that I am badly paid, I am just asking that we have a common seniority list of pilots employed by BA, flying BA aeroplanes, marketed with BA money and maintained by BA engineering and trained to common BA standards. Quite simple and nothing about asking for more money just making sure that I don't enhance somebody's bonus by standing by while my position is undermined by such an obvious tactic as OpenLies.

You are correct my reputation is on the line here and I intend to make sure it remains intact.