PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE
Thread: FlyBE
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 17:07
dollydaydream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I do work for them, by default, but that's another story!
I am cc and hear daily tales of unhelpful, rude, inadequate check-in staff, of extraordinarily high priced tickets and complaints about the cost of the drinks, snacks and sandwiches on board. I enjoy my job, not as much as I used to, and although it is probably not fashionable, I do get satisfaction from providing a good service and doing my job properly. Unfortunately, the company do not seem to encourage initiative on the part of their staff nor do they appear particularly interested in service recovery. I have, on occasion, thought for myself e.g. final 3 greens - you would have got your drink and snack as from your boarding pass I would have been able to see if you had, indeed, been entitled, I have given comp drinks for very valid reasons..........but I have been 'found out' and been 'in trouble'
Househunter - I do not accept 'lack of training' as an excuse by any staff. If training is so inadequate as to prevent someone doing their job properly then instead of taking it out on customers, colleagues or whoever, you go to your manager and DEMAND proper training.

Sorry, rant over