PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyGlobespan -7
Thread: FlyGlobespan -7
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 16:00
757manipulator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GW76..with regards to your post....
The flight time was 7h 41min but we had 9 Tonnes of fuel left on landing out of the 35T we took off with, so plenty of endurance left "
The most fuel I have ever seen loaded in my 4000hrs of flying 757's was 34.2 tonnes...and that was at a fuel temp of about -20C.

You wonder why these people feel the need to lie about the so called phantom direct 757 routings
Because GW76, they are talking crap.....

Heres a simple bit of maths
757 MTOW 113 tonnes
subtract 34 tonnes...which gives you...79 tonnes....now subtract the dry operating weight..which is generally about 60 tonnes..which gives a usefull payload of 19 tonnes or so so around 190 punters
At that weight, and at optimum altitudes the fuel burn AVERAGES 3.8 tonnes per hour, which means tanks dry in around 8hrs and 50 mins.
Got all that?
Now a DIRECT track to SFB ASSUMING no SID's or STAR's is 3566nm, prudence means you plan on 85% of mean winds and further assume an economic cruise mach of .79 or .80 which gives an average ground speed in the region of 420 kts.
420kts/3566nm= 8hrs and 29 mins....before we factor in ANY climb or descent restrictions etc etc.
Therefore you cannot legally operate the flight as you can't carry JAA reserves.
I haven't even considered NAT track restrictions, being assigned an uneconomic cruising level, weather avoidance or NON-ETOP's routings.
An educated and experienced guess tells me that you would need to restrict your payload out of GLA by around 8 tonnes to make the flight even remotely possible.
Hence my comments that you guys are dreaming