PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Pilot Ballot results
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 13:24
747-436

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not a BA pilot but have heard both sides of the argument.

Having talked to a number of BA pilots it is clear that they do not want to go on strike but feel that they have been left with no other choice.

From the BA side of things they can't believe pilots are going to go on strike for something that seemingly won't affect them at all and also as they get a guaranteed pay rise every year of a certain percentage where other staff in BA don't have that luxury.

Unfortunatly I think it is damned of you do damned if you don't for the pilots as I think overall they will lose anyway in the long term, along with others at BA and in the industry generally. Look at the way the low costs have gone.

All it is going to take in 10-20 years time is for a rich airline from the east to come in to the UK market with no worries what so ever about finance and you can bet they won't give a flying F*** about lowering terms and conditions all round.

The threat to terms and conditions, not only for pilots, but everyone in the industry long term, isn't going to come from within BA, it will come from outside.