PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 21st Feb 2008, 09:06
pip squalk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its messed up but MOL sounded reasonable.

It galls me to say it but if I knew no better I'd be saying screw those money grabbing ATCO's, sack em all like Reagan did years ago. (I'd also be applying for the job at those rates and hours).

From people outside ATC that I've talked to, the message of managements incompetence and lack of planning to date and into the future, the sheer lack of staff, AL's etc. and the fact that overtime is voluntary and not really desired by most staff is not getting out.

I don't do call ins but if i did I'd like to charge plenty for it and I make no apology for it, all I want is the chance to have a reasonable work life balance.

We need to get the correct message across, EB, LK, LC et al must be laughing now that the yellow harp is doing their communication work for them, Maybe its part of their onboard services, Ryar IR: how to win management and misrepresent people!!!

Our grievance is genuine, lets hope any reasonable people can be convinced of that!!!