PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian
Thread: Norwegian
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 07:52
aspilot708

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Norwegian Pilot Hiring

To anyone who might have information regarding hiring at Norwegian...

I'm an American, living in Seattle, Washington in the U.S. and am a First Officer on the 737 400/700/800/900. I am a very well qualified and experienced pilot by U.S. standards and there is a good chance that I will be living in Norway within the next couple of years. My questions are ~

1. Is Norwegian generally considered a good company to fly for?
2. Is pilot hiring there expected to continue over the next 2-3 years?
3. Are their published hiring requirements set in stone (in other words, for a well qualified North American pilot are the ATPL, MCC and 737 type rating requirements set in stone)?
4. Is there a pilot base in Oslo?
5. Is the training good?

Also, please feel free to add any additional information you might have regarding Norwegian, or things that an aspiring U.S. airline pilot might find useful in pursuing an airline career in Norway. I am just getting started with this information search and this is the very first place I have come.

I would be very interested in emaling or Instant Messaging with a Norwegian Airlines pilot or someone who is familiar with qualifications, training, a pilot's lifestyle in Europe, etc. as well to learn more about all of these things. Thanks in advance for your help! ~A

Last edited by aspilot708; 22nd Feb 2008 at 00:37.