PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Leaving before your bond is up
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 07:25
MARACAIBO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Well Seagoll,

Lately i really think is up to you.A few months ago i resigned from the company i was working.My boss asked me to pay for the type rating he had payed for me and i refused saying i haven't signed anything so i don't owe you anything.Then he said yes you haven't sign a bond but there is an ethical bond and you have to pay.I replied that ethics also dictate other things which in your company aren't proper,meaning all the things that made me to want to quit in the first place.So he stoped asking.But after me 2 other collegues resigned also and ofcourse he asked them to pay as well.And not only that he called the airlines that these guys are going to work and told them not to hire them.In the first airline it caused a problem to my friend because they told him that we can't hire you unless you pay your previous employer.In the second case the airline told him to mind your own bussiness and manage your airline we are going to hire him.So as you can see it can go both ways,it depends if your present employer has access to your future employer and can influence them.In both cases he tried to do harm.I am lucky so far because in my case he can't contact my present employer.If he could i am sure he would and then i would backfire.
So you never know what might happen.If you are happy were you are working now and everything is good don't resign only because they lied.
If you are not happy there and you have found a better job that best suits you then go for it and don't look back i mean it's your life.No airline will care for you so you have to care for yourself and move forward to evolve.

GOOD LUCK