PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 21st Feb 2008, 00:41
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
Knuckles:

The sole thing that we have absolute control of is our opinion.
Voting is the way we express this opinion

Right now we stand as 1600 odd seperate opinions yet to be heard.

The process for the EBA will tally up our individual votes and come to decision.

At that point, we will stand as one.

Be it for or against.

If the LAMEs in HM are strong enough in numbers, then their opinions will win the day, and I will sit on the grass with them.
However, if the result appears to hijacked by a small minority, I will be disappointed.

I will nonetheless observe my obligations and comply with what is requested by the Exec.

Let's hope the result is representative of the true opinions of our membership.

Woe betide the member who does not stand with his compatriots.
So basically you write meaningless drivel, try to sound assertive and aggressive, then conclude in two later posts that a better outcome is unobtainable, the deal can't be improved on, the amount is so paltry after tax anyway that there is no point in taking PIA over it (what an insidious lump of FUD) and that therefore you will take it as better than nothing. Perhaps with the unspoken suggestion that at the NEXT EBA you will get tough and get a real raise and win back your position

As I asked before: How would or could you possibly know if the company's offer is the best and only one that it is prepared to make?

I also note you joined Pprune in Dec 2007.

Others can draw their own conclusions.

I guess the next troll that comes along will raise the threat of further outsourcing if you don't roll over. Guys, you know they will do that anyway whether you accept their offer or not.

You are dealing with narcissists, they thrive on your pain and despair, it's like nectar to them, constantly reinforcing their self importance. Agreeing to this proposal will not raise your stature in the eyes of QF management (although as a negotiating tactic, they will tell you how "professional" you are to accept their proposal, your previous exec apparently got caught that way).

Nope, whatever you agree to, they will want more, and when you have nothing left to give, they will curse you and discard you.

It's up to you not me, and I thank God I am not in your situation.

Last edited by Sunfish; 21st Feb 2008 at 00:55.