PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: QANTAS/ALAEA EBA
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 22:18
YOSHI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having listened to the various points of view over the last few weeks I feel we need to stand up for one another. Although I would recieve about a 4.5% wage rise, I do not want to vote on someone else's roster!! I also do not want to impose a lower wage rise on other members of MY UNION!!

On the issue of the proposed roster "flexibilites", would it be possible for QE to impose the same type of 'chop and change' to ALL LAME's rosters if we include this in the current EBA proposal?

As we all know, a lot of ALAEA members read this forum, as do the managers, and to make any assumptions as to the feelings of the majority of members based solely on what is written here would be foolish. What I saw at the latest feedback meeting I attended was that ALL members present were unhappy with the current situation.

PIOT Bord asks about worlds best practice. Well, lets not confuse Worlds Best Practice with Worlds Best Maintained, Piloted, Serviced Airline. It would be more accurate to call it Worlds Best PROFITABLE Practice ( and that is Short Term Profit, as managers bonuses are based on annual results..... ).