PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The most irritating airport?
View Single Post
Old 16th Oct 2001, 14:13
biglouis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damascus is also a bloody irritating airport. They won't let you through to the checkin area until the staff actually arrive (about 1 hr before the flight goes out) so if it is delayed you can't even wait in the international lounge. The pre-check in area has no facilities whatever - not even seats and no toilet facilities that I saw so you are stuck with that bloody luggage if you are travelling solo. Also there is only a very narrow gate to the checkin area so there is a dirty dive when your flight shows up on the indicator and ten people with trolleys all trying to get through at once. You can arrive in the pre-ckeck area first but find yourself at the back of the checkin queue because other people managed to get through the door first. Last time this happened to me I went to the front of the line and explained to the checkin staff that I had been the second person in line for that flight but that others had pushed in front and the attendant checked me in without waiting. You should have seen the glares of the people who pushed me aside - in the end it did them no good to have been so rude and selfish.
Have to say though that DAM has a very good duty free shop and the cheapest I have ever come across - 8$ for a bottle of scotch or 200 cigs. And duty free on landing as well!