PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jailed Flt Lt
Thread: Jailed Flt Lt
View Single Post
Old 20th Feb 2008, 14:38
tablet_eraser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jacko
It just seemed rather sad, to me, and I wondered whether there shouldn't be a bit more emphasis on helping the bloke than on simply locking him up.
THanks for saying so. Believe me, the biggest disgrace as far as Sharpy is concerned will be his dismissal from the Service; I've never met anyone so utterly devoted to, and proud of, the RAF. Whatever people think about his integrity, he remains one of the best and most loyal colleagues I've ever worked with, and I will stand by him.

The thing that sticks in my throat, and I'm sure AdanaKebab will be able to relate to it, is that for years we knew that he was acting out a role that he couldn't fulfill. At the moment, I can't help but think that, perhaps, if we'd told him to stop bullstting, if we'd stopped indulging his crass errors of judgment, we could have avoided the current mess. I guess he's been allowed to get himself into this situation when it really could have been avoided, and that makes me feel very uneasy. Sometimes the friendliest thing to do is to have some harsh words with someone for his own protection.