PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 20th Feb 2008, 09:02
qnhhpa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Island Against Aviation

Imagine a little misty island somewhere of the west coast of Europe...

D: Hey Ted, we're after spendin' a fortune on a new system that doesn't really do what it supposed to and might be a bit unsafe and we've no money to fix it.

T: Don't worry Dougle! The important thing is we got it in on time and in budget and sure won't the lads sort it out?

D: Ted, we're after stealin' a massive chunk of airspace and we didn't get any new people to work it.

T: Stop worryin' Dougle. Sure the lads will sort it out and we'll make even more money.

D: Ted, we've forced through new unworkable procedures that might be unsafe because our friends wanted them.

T: Look the lads will sort it out and we must keep our friends happy.

D: But Ted, we've moved staff around the country at great expense and lost ratings and flexibility in the process, eh, why was that again Ted?

T: Well reviewin' it wasn't it a fundementally fabulous idea at the time and you know those lads are great.

D: Ted, we haven't taken on any new lads in years and theres been a lot have retired and sure there's loads more planes and tons of those friends are flyin' their new shiny helicoptors all over the place.

T: Look Dougle! Have I not told you already? The lads will sort it. Sure if there's not enough of them they'll just have to work more. I know what! We'll take their leave off them! Sure they can't use it anyway and think of the money we'll save. In fact we won't pay them the national pay deal. We'll say we can't aford it or it has to into the pension fund or rest in my account for awhile...

Well the lads have had enough

Last edited by qnhhpa; 20th Feb 2008 at 16:58.