PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Jetstar EBA 4
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 22:31
Nuthinondaclock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Making Machiavelli blush

Nicely put Stevie g. The effect of pilot wages on a companies’ bottom line is tiny.

PAF, you obviously haven’t dealt with any Airline management or the Industrial consultants such as Oldmeadow that they retain. (Half ya luck!) These guys do sh%t that would make Machiavelli blush. I’m not ashamed to admit that they would screw me royally if I tried to negotiate an individual contract and I’d be stupid to try. I fly aeroplanes. I don’t have a degree in Industrial Relations and have no inclination to get one. I don’t even WANT to think the way these guys do. To have a Union or Association negotiate my terms and conditions on my (and my colleagues’) behalf makes good sense and doesn’t make me a rabid Communist.

And please, there is no link between getting a Union to negotiate your T & C’s and disrespecting the ANZACS. What a lame link to make.

PS: Good luck when you leave the ADF (Best if you don’t) and try to negotiate your own contract with these guys. Believe me you’ll need it because they’ll see you coming.

Nuthinondaclock.