PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 19th Feb 2008, 16:00
sevenstar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ryanair sticking their oar in again.

I wonder where ryanair are getting their wildly inaccurate information. A mischevious source inside HQ?

Ryanair could also be repaying the head honchos in the iAA for "bending" the rules in relation to the flight crew hours. A favour for a favour ?

Its no secret that ryanair have problems with their crew using up all their hoursbefore a full year is up. This hits them hard. They have to cut some services and routes and wet lease in other airlines to keep other routes going. Anyone remember the Eirjet that landed at the wrong (disused) airfield in Derry that was wearing a ryanair call-sign/service number?

Of course the IAA dont see the conflict of interest in "bending" the rules for their biggest domestic customer and being an INDEPENDANT regulator of such airlines?

It is also well known that IAA staff have been seconded to ryanair to help them with flight planning issues. Most unusual.....

But of the direct accustaions the most galling one has to be that we are orchestrating a "blue flu in order to shut the airports so as to get more money" .
Thats just wrong.
Anyone who reads this thread from start to finish will realise that the most important thing is that more staff is needed. I find the accusation that people who are sick are not actually sick , just putting it on, is a disgraceful one. Typical tho' and people would expect nothing less of ryanair. Most just ignore the ranting and ravings of the jumped up egos of self importance that inhabit ryanair these days.

I heard a rumour that when SIDS and Stars were introduced in shannon IAA management instructed staff via an office notice that they were to give priority to ryanair traffic above all other airlines. The reason was they didnt want to piss off ryanair. I guess Aer Lingus neber found out about that notice inside the IAA???????
That goes against the very definition of an air traffic control service. I think the staff in shannon just ignored it and took traffic on a firstcome/first served basis as they were meant to do.

I guess the days of us busting our backs to get ryanair preferential flight levels and sorting out their requests for FL370 ,when they have filed for FL230 to beat regulation are over. Let O'leary quantify how much extra fuel and cash thats going to cost him. And all because he stuck his nose in somewhere it didn't belong.

MOL and ryanair are always talking about the market and market forces.Well try this on for size. The IAA have pissed off their staff so much that i for one want 2,000 euro a day for every day off i work. Otherwise i wont even consider it. Its no skin of my nose if dont go into work on a day off. And as for market forces consider this-we are the only ones allowed to do this job.

So MOL if you want your airline to continue flying i suggest that you have a word in the IAA's ear and tell them to recruit enough staff and if you want to plug the gap with overtime then they had better stump up all the cash they can - otherwise peolple wont do overtime and as a consequence-their will be no ATC service and your airplanes are going no where.

You also once said that the only 2 things that would close ryanair are a nuclear war in europe and a ryanair plane crash. Well does a mid-air fall into that category.?? Because if the controllers are so fatigued , tired , pissed off and disallusioned then the risks of such an unfortunate event increase rapidly.

The two areas that ryanair pride themselves on are 1) the amount of money they spend on the maintenance of their planes and 2) how well their pilots are..

Well spending money on ATC and recruitment is like maintenance. Its imperative for the travelling public to feel safe and actually be safe. Thats why you spend probably more than you want on maintenace and your pilots? But you do it because you have to. The same applies to ATC.

You dont need to worry about being charged more user fees for the same service just because we need more staff. The IAA is well able to fund such monies from their existing charging structure.

So perhaps MOL should be asking am i being ripped off at the moment by the IAA and why havent' they recruited enough staff to provide the service to your airplanes.

See ya.

Last edited by sevenstar; 19th Feb 2008 at 16:41.