PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Like to stop us in our tracks? Don't even think about it.
Old 19th Feb 2008, 15:20
kingoftheslipstream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very good post once again EK manglement! Now I know what those strikin' hollywood writers are up against in freelance creative writin'. Yer good!

I detect the rampin' up of emotional tone on this here thread an' thought I'd spit on the dog's head and throw this down for ruminatin'... before the shootin' starts...

Once apon a time I operated to 'nother continent and we had an intrepid an' clever passenger sneak hisself in to the now termed CRC for a nap... the locking keypad didn't work. After about 4 hours it it became apparent...

to cut a long tale short, at destination the guy got ta have a one way question 'n answer session with the boys 'n blue and they let 'm go. He wasn't disruptive, just a smart aleck.

But I reckoned I could see some potential for a more serious outcome to this kinda thing (there's an axe down there) and dutifully reported ma concerns ta the company and they jist ignored me and ma fellow pilots. All 4 of us...

As y'all know the old airplanes now have a couple different kindsa doors installed, with a coupla different keypads, usually neither work...

Our cabin crew, being the alert highly trained individuals they are... might just not see somebody sneakin' in ta that there CRC and we might just have some trouble on our hands...

You can lead a manager to money, but ya cain't make 'em think...

It's cheaper ta pay fer dead folks 'n it is ta build a better mousetrap...

Happy Contrails
k-o-t-s