PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NAT JET 717 mishap
View Single Post
Old 19th Feb 2008, 12:22
flightidleflat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darwin is not a maintenance base for NJS.
A little off the topic here i know, but why do NJS have a multitude of engineers based in Darwin, performing Daily's, defect rectification and scheduled maintenance on the 717's, if it isn't a maintenance base?

The Coast Watch Dash 8's based in Darwin, also operated by NJS....what are the engineer's doing to them?.....washing the windscreens? No, they're actually doing scheduled maintenance on them too......making Darwin a maintenance base for NJS, not that they can get the -300's in the hangar either.

Since when have Virgin, Qantas, Tiger, etc carried out scheduled maintenance in Darwin? Let alone NJS at outer ports like Gove, Kal, Etc. Darwin is an outer port for these larger operators, just as Gove is to NJS.

I would think it to be not too unreasonable to be able to hangar a 717, especially when there are at least 3 over nighting there most nights. I believe Airnorth are in the same boat, not being able to get the E170 clearly into the hangar either. What are they going to do when they have to jack that? Leave it outside in the breeze?