PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 18th Feb 2008, 22:14
thelowestlevel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Dub Twr,
Upon reflection, i have to say well done for letting the EIN land, a tough call in what i am sure were difficult circumstances.

While initially having been unsure as to the right or wrong of this, and wondering as to what i would have done in the same circumstances, having heard some of the more salient details, i have to say that i would have done the same - initially totally against letting him land - airport closed - end of story.

Our problems are not with the pilots, or the flying public, and for the sake of 10 - 15 mins, why make an issue of it, send them back to cork, and a bus home.

We have had a lot of support from our collegues on the other side of the MIC, and the public so why throw all that away.

All controllers in the three stations have always done their utmost to help traffic, so why change now. We are still the pro's that we were before all this started. So well done.

As for the lads tomorrow, best of luck - let us know whats what even if it is the wee small hours!!!!