PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Now what??
Thread: Now what??
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 17:37
A320PLT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm awake gents and have been most of the night due to this damn cold!! I hate these things, cause me to toss and turn all night long.

Addressing one issue of my salary, yes we do own a home of which I planned to rent out if I were offered a position with EK. Never sell your property. Yes things are rough here in the states regarding airlines that is no secret. We were the object of a merger 2yrs ago of which the seniority issues for one group are still not over even though a third party arbitrator has already ruled on the case.

I am if I'm lucky about 8 more yrs away from an upgrade on the Bus. More mergers and more uncertainity were some of the driving forces to my looking at both Emirates and Etihad. I was leaning more toward EY and before you guys hand me my head let me explain. EY is the new kid on the block so they are going to have all the growing pains that EK had 20 yrs ago but they do get worked out as EK is a glowing example. EY pays close to $13k US more per year and I felt that the upgrade time would be about half of what EK's was. I'm 41 now and hope to be in command by 45, that just isn't going to happen here in the states. I do have my family here my roots are all here and is my flying and or upgrading worth much of what I will have to give up?

I don't know guys. I have buy in from my wife which is key because without that this discussion wouldn't not be happening. Can I subject her and my 8yr to an entirely new way of life and living? Many things sound so good on the surface but under the surface is what you want to see, it's what you need to see!! I had already insulted people that I had no idea I was ever insulting in the first place.

Then there is the real make or break for me. NFL season and my being able to see not one or two but EVERY Dallas Cowboy game, something I've done for the past 12yrs. That in and of it'self is a deal breaker

A320