PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight Instructors Pay !!!!
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 14:52
AlphaMale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, I've found a couple of threads that quote;

Attendance £25/ Flying £15-18 per hour depending on type. So far this week I'm averaging £110 per day (working 0830-1700).
£10 a day, then £12 per flying hour FI(R). Down south.
uniform, test flight, checkout and standards flying all included. No limit to the flying available, good aircraft , very professional and £20 per hour.
Unrestricted @ £16.50/hour. No retainer. No perks.
I’m now on £30 a day retainer and £13 an hour. I get a higher hourly rate if I fly on my days off. Not so bad at all I think.
i was getting £25 per hour, £35 for imc training, flying about 40 hours per month and doing quite nicely thankyou very much in comparison to some of my mates.
£18ph initially. Then 16K pa, increasing a couple of months later to 18K
I received £500 basic per month then £9 per flying hour on top, plus pension and health benefits if I chose!
When they were paying they paid £10000 retainer and £12.50 ph flight pay but the retainer was paid at the start of the month and the flight pay in the middle(to make it very difficult to leave). The retainer was PAYE and the flight pay was self employed "do your own tax", This meant that on a good year you could earn about £17000
I usually expect/ hope to earn a little over £20000/ year.
I get £30 retainer, paid for supervisory hours (drinking coffee on the ground while some solo student scrapes around the circuit), £22 quid an hour and only PPL work. Usually log 8 hours per day - Took just under £850 for a week's work recently.
These are all competing for the worst paid FI's in the UK. I've been told FI's at the big integrated schools earn £40k+ albeit as experienced CPL/IR instructors.