PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Grounding of DC3's
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 14:49
MarkerInbound

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Chris,

Yes, you do have to kill the other generator since there's really just one main bus and a radio bus. I have had 727 engineers who probably would find the feather check confusing!

Our company school was one day of indoc and one day of systems. When I taught the class I had thirty minutes of history in the syllabus to bring the day up to 8 hours. For one of my last upgrade students 20+ years ago we had to get a FAA examiner from out of the area. Weather was horrible, T-storms and rain, but he comes up flying in Cessna 210 and they start straight into the oral. The oral went almost 4 hours, I couldn't figure what they'd be talking about. (The FAA Inspector's Handbook actually says an oral should last about 2 hours, if it goes much longer it means the student isn't ready or the inspector doesn't know how to structure an oral!) And then they went and flew. I thought they were going to run out of gas, they were gone for 4 hours. That "kid" definitely earned his rating that day. He's a Captain at SW now.

Sorry for drifting the thread but ah the good old days.