PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates housing
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 10:26
Cityliner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the acc Command thing is just there to attract Pilots who are already in the left seat. I don' t believe you get anything signed from them like "you are in the ACC Command line" it is just PR (and my personal opinion)
In Jan during their EU Roadshow they told Guys (there were most of them) who asked about ACC Command that there are currently enough F/Os ready for upgrade from within.

In my current Company I' ll be stuck in the right seat for the next 12+ years and I allready have 6 years behind me so I don' t see a problem waiting 5 or 6 years for a command at EK!

My biggest concern is my wife. Now she sais she will of course come with me to Dubai and live there. I fear that she will have a hard time making contacts and friends there especially when the housing situation becomes a bit chaotic!
I thought DSO is a nice place to live and get started because all EK pilots and families living there are fairly new and away from "home". I was hoping for a supportive and friendly environment there especially for wifes and kids.