PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates housing
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 09:40
Pimp My Ride

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks again, I'll just have to weigh up if I can take the loss of earnings for 4-5 years if I'm offered anything. The rest of the package seems very well balanced however.

Just for silly old me with a Pentium I processor installed upstairs. Is it the case that anyone joining now who does not join as DEC faces 4-5 years RHS?

Is it possible/probable that the Accel. upgrade programme is a thing of the past. I don't really understand, as if Emirates have so many qualified F/O's already surely the Accel. upgrade would be stalled or simply not needed.

Please dont take any offence to the wording of the last few lines as I dont wish to put words into anybodies mouth but I do value your thoughts. This is a big decision for my family and I.

By the way, if they would pay me well enough in the RHS I'd have to be beaten out of it with a rather large stick. I know this is a very sensitive issue as I know how I would feel if I had waited for upgrade and then loose out due to DEC or Accel. upgrades.

From the outside you hear so many different stories. I know pilots who have joined as DEC, Accel Upgrade, 3 year F/O upgrade, and I know some who still are F/Os. All were captains prior to joining. All, almost to a man seem to be either quite content or very happy. This I must say has shaped my opinion of UAE and Emirates. I suppose I will just have to see what they say at interview. By the way I aggree about being unhappy with ones lot. Negative thought only seems to make it worse. Been there done that .....

Thanks for all of your frank and honest opinion on earnings and upgrade,

Glass half full

PMR.

Last edited by Pimp My Ride; 18th Feb 2008 at 09:53.