PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 18th Feb 2008, 09:14
gadgetman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would you recommend Emirates? This is one of the questions on the survey they are circulating right now.
Would I???? Well, I used to.
Now, it depends on your priorities.

If you are less concerned with a pay packet, the abysmal exchange rates and the rampant inflation won't be a problem for you.

If you are less concerned about travel, the 24hr layovers after 14-16 hour flights won't be a problem for you.

If you are less concerned about health, the implications of sleep debt or 24hr aircon won't be a problem for you. (You MAY have a window in your apartment that opens)

If you aren't concerned about job security, the threat of immediate termination, with no representation, or support system won't be a problem for you.

If you aren't concerned about being treated like an adult, the 1am curfew for visitors, the permission letters required for family members to visit, and the condescending training won't be a problem for you.

If you aren't concerned about a professional work environment, then the endemic sexual harassment, seniors abusing their positions of power, or the demagogic methods of leadership used by many won't be a problem for you.

I joined several years ago, when it was a much different place, and there were several positive aspects to the place. It has been painful to watch these dry up, and it has drained much of my normally optimistic outlook to the point where it is no longer a place I can recommend for new crew.
Sorry if this is not what you want to hear, but it's not an uncommon outlook, and goes a long way to explain why so many leave after ever decreasing periods of employment.