PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates - Crew Discussions II
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 22:32
baob2oba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ah it's nice to be looking forward to the change!

I just wonder what's gonna change in J class... Still 42 pax.
So, 2 or 4 or 6 engines, 1 or 2 or 3 decks. Maybe is it all about the size, it looks impressive on the stand, and then? Ah yes, looks cool ya " yo guyyyyys i fly the a388 !!!"
There's no real excitment, I'm still trying to understand how it could become a privilege to fly it one day, as the civilian traffic grows mostly in terms of a/c range, so basically everyone will have to fly it. ( Same kind of story with the 345 long time ago..)

Secondly, many crew members find it HARD to cope with ULR duties. Many posts around about ULR royal pain, fatigue, stress after 14 to 16 hours in a pressurized aluminium tube flying at 550kt with a cabin altitude of 6 to 8000ft...

Then regarding the "easy life" down here. It might be fun, for some time, for a young single. But for the MANY others who have been living here for years, with bills, family life, etc, it ain't that great anymore.

A quick look & see, a few cvs sent in many of the big companies in the UAE made me understand that 15.000aed + accomodation +&+&+ is the minimum around for a fresh graduate ( yeah, i'm getting "institutionalized" in the golden jail ).
Find it hard sometimes to feel a "team member" of the group with my more than 50% hourly paid salary, and believe me i work hard.

Anyone knows how come the turnover is so huge at EK? How can they make this hiring/resigning scheme "profitable" instead of capitalizing on their workforce?...

Still many questions...

Anyway, happy and safe flying to everyone !