Thread: CYYZ SID's
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 18:43
mstram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi M&C,

Given your bio :

Started controlling at Aberdeen,

If your're an arrival /departure controller, I think I know your voice There's only one "Aberdeenish" male accent that I regularly hear on the frequency, must be you

I've never spoken to you , it's not me that's getting the 7,000 climbs, not in the C172's I typically pilot.

As for the 5,000 thing, it seems to be used more when the weather is in (lowish ceilings) ???

Interesting about C208's / 6,000 .. didn't know that.

While I have your "ear", ... which controllers are physically in the tower buildings?

Also what is the reason for using combinations of 24x / (15 / 33) in beniqn winds ? Seems to happen on Sat nights, some early mornings. I assume for the 24 / 33 combination it's to save a long taxi for departing on 23 ?

Arrival on 15 to save long taxi to the terminals ?

One other q, how "busy" does it have to get before they decide to have more than one arrival controller? I suppose weather is also a big factor, and during the evening "pushes", it sounds like there are always at least 2 arriv-controllers. But I've sometime heard in the late afternoons, one arriv-controller controlling 6-10 planes, talking non-stop. I guess if the weather is ok, you probably (???) enjoy it when it's moderately busy ?

Mike

Last edited by mstram; 17th Feb 2008 at 23:09.