PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 17th Feb 2008, 16:06
290kts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
could very well be worse than now

Guys and Gals

there was a small issueance of truth from DFC there (strange as it may seem) "You and I both know that in a matter of days or perhaps weeks we will be back to overtime without any complaints - probably better paid overtime but it will still be the same overtime as was done before to keep things going"

As I said before, this new 5 and 3 roster will be worse than present and possibly manning a FIS sector as well in DUB with NO extra staff in at least the short term. We all know the aim of local DUB management is to be able to sectorise longer and staff FIS regularly this year, he very well may get that at the end of the dispute but I seriously doubt we will have any extra staff or year round guaranteed casual leave, or job sharing or career breaks or paternal leave to show for it.

Be very careful what is presented to us in a ballot-if we get any decent offer from management at all-we have them in a corner, get the best possible terms of resolution for this dispute.

Get what we need, not give them what they want.