PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates housing
View Single Post
Old 17th Feb 2008, 11:28
Greensky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Broken E,

I can see you are getting more and more agitated when i state the facts and they are not what you want them to be.

Anyway, if you re-read my post once again and take the time to try and 'understand' what Pimp was asking, I was merely answering his question in the most accurate manner, using present day figures. If you have however been unable to 'weed' through the info, i have copied it here for your perusal.

As pimp said:
I am trying to calculate just how much I might take home,

I'm told somewhere between 4 and 5 k euros a month. Is that accurate.

That's it...nothing more nothing less. Which part of "take home" don't you understand???

I'm well aware that First Year joiners from the UK are only getting approx AED 730 a month on ERP. But was that his question??? This is the way ERP works...its a running average over a fixed number of years. Its always been like this. But off course you know all this.

He asked for the figures in EURO, so i assumed his home country was in the EU. If he had said in Pounds, I would have given him different figures. The amount that he or anyone else from the EU will receive won't change dramatically for the rest of the year as the Threshold figure is fixed for 2008.

Finally, your parting shot took the cake.

I say that anybody who counts ERP as a fixed part of their salary is a fool.

Now to say that taking into account AED 20000+ more income a year (1 month salary 1st year FO) is being a fool...well, I’ll let the others reading your post make their mind up on who really is the fool.

Anyway, happy trails to you....you don't happen to have a base currency in Sterling do you...

Green out.

ps: who is my new mate anyway???