PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 17th Feb 2008, 09:06
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cross country i couldn't agree more with you. Its bloody obvious that this is solvable. The question is this -how can the people charged with running the company be so blind to what is going on?

And yes -since its so obviously solvable why are the IAA then holding out, by trotting out the same old lines, and bringing this down to the wire.

I wonder do they realise that on tuesday if they dont get their finger out and address the issues, not to their satisfaction but to the controllers satisfaction then this company more than likely will not function at all in the very near future. Hence the stupidity of continueing to play games.

I can only hope that they do come up with a package of joint up thinking. Yes they do need to get us back on side otherwise no overtime arrangement in the world will tempt staff back on their days off. Direct entries is the quickest solution-how about an ad in flight international and actually acknowledge the people who have applied already. Anyone with the slightest knowledge of the controlling staff knows that in the next 5 years a huge percentage of staff are going to retire after having done their 40 years of service. At the moment their even isint planning in place to replace these. So the thought of recruiting more again to ease the lot of each controller there at the moment is just a twinkle in their eye.

BUT that is what has to change and change by tuesday or else i fear this will start the process of work stoppages.

As i have said before i really hope it doesn't come to that ,but again in the absence of any progress and concrete ,acceptable proposals then that is what will happen and IAA had better be in no doubt about it.

So why are they dragging their heels-there was nothing stopping IAA contacting Impact before now outlining their proposals so thet they could be discussed amongst the staff so that on tuesday the meeting would be more productive.

Anyway its time to feed the young ones -better go

Yours as ever

OCK1F